Finally, the second and last part of the Minecraft 1.18.1 Caves & Cliffs Update Part 2 has been released on December 3, 2021. The main goal of this release is to diversify the caves and transform the mountains. This update focuses on improving world generation and adding new biomes not only on the surface, but underground. Here you can download Minecraft 1.18.1 along with a free launcher and read about the hints of this version.
What’s new in Minecraft 1.18.1
The developers in this update focused on changes to the caves. Caves can now run much deeper, if before they were before Y = 0, now they are up to Y = -59. The depth will determine which blocks will be used as walls. If depth is up to 0, then regular stone, and if from 0 to 8, then stone and deepslate, after 8 there will be only deepslate.
The authors of the game changed the generation of ore and now all blocks of ore will appear unevenly underground.
- Lush Caves – new underground biome, looks like an oasis with ponds and vegetation. It’s pretty dark here, but some areas will be lit up with glowing berries. They grow on a cave liana on the ceiling. Water-free surfaces are covered with moss and grass. Azalea trees and sporeflowers can grow in such a cave.
- Dripstone Caves – biome with taupe tones. There you will find a regular stone, pointed dripstone and dripstone blocks.
- Meadow – this biome is located between the foot of the mountain and the plains, it can also border on temperate biomes. Mountain meadows is a green field with grass and flowers and rarely growing trees. Rabbits, sheep and donkeys can live here. Structures can spawn a village or pillager outpost.
- Grove – can be found near cold biomes with forests. Spruce forests grow in a mountain grove on the slopes of a mountain covered with snow. The biome is partially covered with snow, you can find open areas of land and ponds with green water. Rabbits, foxes and packs of wolves live here.
- Snowy Slopes – biome can be near plains. The landscape consists of steep mountain slopes, which are made of stone and covered with snow. Usually rabbits and goats live here.
The remaining three biomes are less common, they can be found on mountain peaks. Their appearance depends on the height and temperature of the biomes located nearby. These biomes are inhabited only by goats.
- Jagged Peaks – picturesque biome with stone mountains covered with snow.
- Frozen Peaks – mountains are made of stone, ice and covered with snow. A beautiful combination of several colors creates a pleasant blue-blue landscape.
- Stony Peaks – mountains of stone with layers of gravel, andesite and granite. Layers of different types of stone give the biome an unusual look.
Caves & Cliffs Update Part 2 has new background music in the main menu and in the game world.
What’s New in The Caves & Cliffs Update Part 2?
How to install Minecraft 1.18.1:
- Download and run the launcher
- Create a profile and select Minecraft 1.18.1 version
- Click the “Install” or “Run” button to start downloading the game
- Minecraft will launch after installation is complete
Download Minecraft 1.18.1:Windows:
MinecraftLauncher-2.86-Installer-1.0.1.exe [21.6 Mb]
MinecraftLauncher-2.86.zip [4.88 Mb]