Minecraft 1.17.1 is the first part of the Caves & Cliffs game update. The developers have prepared a global change in the underworld and filled it with new content. Due to the large volume, this update has been split into two parts and the second part will be released next year. Here you can download Minecraft 1.17.1 for free and read about the latest changes. New blocks and ores have been added, such as Copper, Amethyst, Deepslate. New mobs will also appear: Axolotl, Goat and Glow Squid.
What’s new in Minecraft 1.17.1
Ore and new textures
In Caves & Cliffs update, the developers have updated the textures of the ore, now the inclusions have become better looking. Previously, they differed only in colors, but now each block will have its own design. Now when an ore block is destroyed, the block will not drop out, instead there will be an unprocessed version of the ore. To get an ingot, place the mined material in a smelting furnace.
- Amethyst is a new resource which is a gemstone. It can be found in the form of crystals or a purple block. Also in the world will be Amethyst Cluster – a new structure that is located underground between bedrock and level 70. Amethyst shards can be used to craft tinted glass and a spyglass.
- Copper Ore is a new material that will be required to create decor blocks such as slabs, steps and carved blocks. Copper blocks can have 4 options: oxidized, darkened, aged and standard. The appearance of the block will depend on its variation. Also, copper ore will be used in crafting a spyglass and a lightning rod.
- Deepslate is a new block that will replace the stone at great depths. It will be harder to destroy, but it can be used as a stone.
- Axolotl is a new mob that has already managed to win the hearts of the players. It lives in underground water bodies, is non-aggressive towards players and attacks guardians, squids, drowned zombies and various fish. Use the bucket to catch the axolotl. To breed this type of fish, use a bucket with a tropical fish.
- Goat is a new neutral mob that can be found in mountainous biomes. Appears in groups of 2-3 animals. Goats can jump up to 10 blocks high. They take very little fall damage. If the goat looks in the direction of the player or mob, then after 10-15 seconds, it will attack the target that is no further than 16 blocks. During the attack, the goat will quickly run towards the target, trying to hit with its horns. You can get milk from goats with an empty bucket. They need to be fed with wheat to breed. There is still a small 2% chance that a screaming goat will appear, which behaves more aggressively, attacks more often and yells loudly.
- Glow Squid – this mob will spawn in underground water bodies, and the behavior is like that of a standard octopus. From it you can get a glowing ink bag. It can be used to create a glowing frame. The mob was previously added to Minecraft Earth and now appeared in Minecraft.
- Spyglass is a useful item that allows you to follow objects while at a decent distance from them. But when using a pipe, most of the player’s view will be blocked, you can only see what is happening in the distance.
Spyglass Crafting Recipe:
- Candle is a new item that will light up the space. Candle can be crafted with honeycomb and string, then dyed with dye. Use the FLINT to light the candle. Use flint to light a candle, and water is required to extinguish it. On one block, you can install a maximum of 4 candles, in this case there will be a maximum glow level. You can also put one candle on the cake.
Candle Crafting Recipes:
- Lightning Rod will attract all lightning that appears within a radius of 128 blocks. If lightning hits a lightning rod, you will get a redstun signal with a strength of 15.
Lightning Rod Crafting Recipe:
How to install Minecraft 1.17.1:
- Download and run the launcher
- Create a profile and select Minecraft 1.17.1 version
- Click the “Install” or “Run” button to start downloading the game
- Minecraft will launch after installation is complete
Download Minecraft 1.17.1:Windows:
MinecraftLauncher-2.86-Installer-1.0.1.exe [21.6 Mb]
MinecraftLauncher-2.86.zip [4.88 Mb]